Monday 30 March 2015

The Spirit Light Dance Company's Spring Showcase

Yesterday I attended the Spirit Light Dance Company's Spring Showcase.   There were only three numbers but each one was a little jewel.  

Truckin', choreographed by Amari DiRicchezi Thomas and Dancers

Since there weren't a lot of people I dared to try taking a few photos, although they did crash me a few times so I'm not madly happy with them.   Besides if you take photos you can't enjoy the performance, especially when you use freeze frame as I do.  

Truckin', choreographed by Amari DiRicchezi Thomas and  Dancers


To take really good photos of dance performances you need to see them danced more than once and get a feel for the dance.  I know many people like ToySoldier Thor take photos all the time "on the fly" but I guess that's not how I work.  

 Somewhere  from Westside Story
choreographed by Caryl Meredith with Si de Brit
This was a beautiful romantic dance with a wonderful set and the heartbreaking music of Leonard Bernstein with lyrics by Stephen Sondheim - "Somewhere " from Westside Story, which is a timeless classic.

Somewhere from Westside Story
choreographed by Caryl Meredith with Si de Brit


There's a place for us,
Somewhere a place for us.
Peace and quiet and open air
Wait for us somewhere.


There's a time for us,
Someday a time for us.
Time together with time to spare,
Time to learn, time to care.


Someday, somewhere
We'll find a new way of living,
We'll find a way of forgiving,
Somewhere.




Imagination from Alice in Wonderland  choreographed by Eva Harley with Dancers


I crashed out on during this number and only took the one photo.  But I did see some very clever scene changes and the other dancers whom Eva Harley used to present her very entertaining number.


No comments:

Post a Comment